Laser Makes Sawing Lumber Faster | Making My Own Wood Siding

Laser Makes Sawing Lumber Faster | Making My Own Wood Siding

There are things that make life easier and I can tell you that this laser makes sawing lumber faster and easier that's for sure. I'm out at my sawmill deep in the woods making my own wood siding today to finish off my equipment shed project. I've got another bunch of battens needing to make before I can close up the shed completely and so that's what I"m doing. En route to the sawmill today you'll see me hauling a couple logs with my tractor and trailer through some slick trail conditions. Once at the sawmill I'm using my HLA root rake and grapple to load the logs from my trailer to the log deck for sawing. Luckily for me the grapple takes most of the manual labour out of the job of loading logs as that can be a big task without it. Now that I've got my new laser line installed on my Woodland Mills HM130, I've boosted my efficiency and reduced the effort to cut real nice lumber. If there's one addition I'd like to have on all my future sawmills, it would be a laser. I'm able to use it to identify right where the blade will cut before I make the cut. Glad you're all here today and let's get down to cutting!

Sawmill used in this video : 2017 Woodland Mills HM130
Blades used in this video: Lenox

Laser Details:

Laser- TZ16X70-520L 30mw: https://www.apinex.com/ret2/TZ16X70-520L.html
Mounting bracket BRH 16mm: https://www.apinex.com/ret2/brhan.html
Battery Pack PS-3: https://www.apinex.com/ret2/ps3an.html

loading logs with a tractor grapplebest tools for a sawmilldiy sawmill laser line

Post a Comment

0 Comments